• 1 cup – Butter
• 1.25 cups – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – light Corn syrup
• 3 tbsps – water
• 1 cup – coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
• 4 (4.25 oz) – Milk chocolate bars, melted
• 1 cup – finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook and over medium heat, stirring, now and then, to hard-crack stage (300 F on your candy thermometer).
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped nuts, spread in well-greased 13×9 inch pan. Cool thoroughly.
- Turn out on waxed paper, spread top with half the melted chocolate, sprinkle with half the finely chopped nuts.
- Cover with waxed paper. Invert, spread again with remaining chocolate.
- Sprinkle top with remaining nuts.
- If necessary, chill to firm chocolate.
- Break into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Kalpana Jain