Tomato Chutney is very popular Indian dip and condiment recipe. This chutney is seriously a delight to have. Tomato chutney is quickest and easiest recipe that anyone can make instantly. This delicious chutney goes very well with idli, dosa, uttapam, chapatti or rice. Usually, it is made with tomatoes, curry leaves and essential flavors of garlic and ginger to make it truly spicy. Learn this chutney recipe here and enjoy the contrasting flavors!
Preparation Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– 10 medium-sized chopped tomatoes
– ? teaspoon mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– ? teaspoon garlic paste
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 10-15 curry leaves
– ? tablespoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon vinegar
– 1-2 teaspoon sugar
– Salt to taste
– Pepper powder to taste
How To Cook?
1. In a skillet, heat oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Allow them to splutter.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and saut? it till the raw aroma goes away and add tomatoes and saut? it for about 5 minutes.
3. Then add vinegar, sugar, red chili powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook it till tomatoes well cooked.
4. When tomatoes are cooked well then remove from the heat and set aside to cool at room temperature.
5. Have this delicious tomato chutney with idli or dosa.