• 7 – Tomatoes
• 1 – Coriander leaves
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 6 – dry Red Chillies
• 2 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tbsp – cooking oil
• Salt to taste
- Clean the tomatoes and cut coriander leaves.
- Take a frying pan, pour 3 tbsp cooking oil and heat it on low flame.
- When the oil gets warm, place the tomatoes and close it with a lid. Cook on low flame till tomatoes become soft.
- After tomatoes are cooked, remove from fire and let them cool.
- Take a small size kadai, pour 1 tbsp oil and add 2 tbsp urad dal. When the urad dal becomes golden brown, add to it the dry red chillies and fry for a minute, till the chillies become well coated in oil and turn red.
- Let this mixture cool and then add it to the cooked tomatoes.
- Take a mixer, pour tomatoes, fried chillies and urad dal, chopped coriander leaves. Grind it well with salt to form a nice smooth paste.
Recipe courtesy of Gayatri