• 4 – medium-sized Tomatoes
• 2 – medium-sized Onions
• Green chillies
• 1/2 cup – grated Coconut (dry or fresh)
• 1 small piece -ginger
• 4 tsp – Curd
• 1 pinch – Turmeric powder
• optional -any other masalas
• For seasoning
• 1 handful – Curry leaves
• 1 tsp- cooking oil
- Cut the tomatoes and the onions into thin long pieces.
- In a vessel, heat a little oil and fry the cut onions until they turn light brown (or translucent).
- Add the cut tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder.
- Let the vegetables cook for about 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind the coconut and green chillies, along with the curd into a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables and mix.
- Let it cook for just another minute or two and remove it from the stove.
- Season with curry leaves and mustard. Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi