• 3 Tomatoes
• 2 Capsicums
• 200 g soya Paneer or Paneer
• 1 green chilli, finely chopped
• 1 Garlic crushed
• 1 tsp Olive oil
• 1 tsp assorted dried herbs, crushed (basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, etc)
• 1 tsp Lemon juice
• 1 tsp sugar, ground
• 1/2 tsp soya sauce
• 1 tbsp roasted, crushed Peanuts
• salt to taste
- Slit each tomato carefully making a vertical incision. Scoop out inside seeds and pulp, mash it well and keep aside.
- Keep the shell aside carefully.
- Put olive oil, lemon juice, soya sauce, sugar and salt in a bottle with fitting lid.
- Add herbs, garlic, chilli, tomato seeds, pulp and 2 tbsp water. Close lid and shake well.
- Keep marinade aside till required.
- Chop capsicum, tomato shell and soya paneer into similar-sized chunks.
- Put each in a separate bowl and add one third of prepared marinade.
- Add one third of peanut crush to each too.
- Gently coat pieces with marinade by tossing or with hand.
- Allow to marinate for about 30 mins.
- To serve:
- To serve, poke one piece of each into a toothpick.
- First paneer, then tomato, followed by the capsicum.
- Chill till served.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering