• Tomatoes – 4 (medium sized)
• Green chillies – 2 (Small)
• Pepper Corns – 4
• Garlic – 3 to 4 Cloves
• Coconut – 2 tbsp
• Curry leaves – 4 to 5
• Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
• Jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp
• Butter or Ghee
- Wash and cut tomatoes. In a bowl, mix cut tomatoes, garlic, pepper corns, coconut and green chillies.
- Cook the tomato mixture in a pressure cooker.
- Once the tomato is cooked, blend it in the blender.
- In a heavy pan, add ghee or butter.
- Once the ghee is hot, add mustard seeds, jeera seeds, hing and curry leaves.
- After the mustard seeds starts spluttering, add the blended tomato puree.
- Add fresh coriander leaves, salt and sugar according to taste.
- Eat hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs Rashmi