• 6 pieces – Fish
• 1/2 – Coconut grated.
• 2 tsp – Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – coriander Powder
• 4 – Green chillies (split in half)
• 1 piece – Ginger
• Kokum a little dissolved in hot water.
• Salt to taste.
• For Seasoning:
• 1 – Onion, small finely chopped
• Curry leaves few
• Mustard Seeds
- Grind together coconut, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Clean the fish well and marinate it with salt and turmeric for an hour.
- Now cook the fish in water with ginger pieces and green chillies and salt.
- When it’s half cooked, add the ground masala to this and cook till done.
- Now add kokum to this.
- Then season it with mustard, onion and curry leaves.
- To be served hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Ajitha