• 2 lbs (around 6 pieces) Chicken
• 1 bundle Spinach
• 2 Tomatoes (medium)
• Onion Paste (from 1 large Onion)
• Garlic Paste (from 6-8 flakes Garlic)
• 4-5 Green chillies
• 2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
• 2 tsp Channa Masala Powder
• Oil for cooking
- Separate the palak leaves from the stalk and wash them. Heat a pan and add palak leaves to it. Cook till the palak becomes soft.
- After palak is cooked, cool the mixture and blend till it becomes a paste.
- Fry the onion and garlic paste in oil till light brown. Add the chicken pieces, some salt and cook till chicken is half done.
- Add some turmeric powder, coriander powder and channa masala powder. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the palak paste and stir well.
- Make a puree of the tomatoes in a blender and add the green chillies in the blender too.
- Add the tomato-chilli paste to the palak-chicken mixture and stir well.
- Cover and cook for about 15-20 mins.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Anuradha