Triple Fried Chips are very popular as an appetizer or as a side dish. They are insanely good. They are crispy, crunchy, golden from outside and light, fluffy from inside. This recipe may seem a little lengthy but it does produce the best chips. In this recipe, potatoes are cooked first and then deep fried two times. Beef drippings will be sufficient for both the first and second frying processes. Let’s have a look for the easy recipe of triple fried chips.
– 3-4 Maris piper potatoes
– 6 cups of beef drippings
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. Peel the Maris piper potatoes and cut into evenly sized wedges then place them in a large bowl under cold running water to rinse off the starch.
2. Drain the wedges and place them in a pot of cold water. Bring it to boil over high heat and then lower the heat and simmer gently for 6-7 minutes. The wedges should almost cook, but not yet soft.
3. Drain the potato wedges and put them in a large roasting tin. Air dry them for about 5 minutes and then shake the tin to rough up the edges, which allows for extra surface for extra crispness. Cool and chill in the refrigerator until your beef fat has heated up.
4. Heat up the beef fat in large pot over MEDIUM heat until the fat is 265 F.
5. Fry the chips in the batches for about 4-5 minutes or until pale golden. Drain them on paper towel and allow them to cool. Place it in the fridge if you are not planning on eating your chips right away.
6. When you are ready to eat your chips, heat again the beef fat up to 375 F and fry the potato chips again for about 4-5 minutes or until deeper brown and quite crispy.
7. Drain them on paper towel and sprinkle some salt over the chips. Enjoy hot.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Servings: 2-3 Persons