• 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed extremely well & chopped
• 1/2 cup – Rice
• 1 medium onions, diced
• 4 fresh diced Tomatoes
• 1 freshly squeezed Lemon
• 2 to 3 crushed Garlic
• 1 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1/4 cup – water
• pepper to taste
• salt to taste
- Rinse and wash spinach very well to get all the silt off (I use all the spinach including the roots), it takes about 4-5 washes.
- In a large pot heat oil, add onions and saute until soft.
- Add all the ingredients in sequence and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook until the rice is cooked.
- Eat as is or add a couple of tbsp of Garlic-Yogurt sauce and enjoy!
- Garlic-Yogurt Sauce: 1 cup of plain yogurt 2-4 minced garlic (depending on how much garlic you prefer) salt to taste
- Method: Combine all the ingredients and serve over your meal.