• Rice – 3 cups
• Whole Urad with skin/Black gram – 1 cup
• Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp, soak with Rice
• Salt – 2 tsp or to taste
• Gingili oil or any cooking oil
- Soak black gram for 10 hours and rice for 4-6 hours.
- Grind black gram to fine paste till slightly frothy.
- Grind rice to fine rava consistency.
- Add salt and mix both pastes together by hand. It should be dosa consistency. Close and ferment overnight.
- Mix well and pour out dosas, slightly thicker than normal dosais, on hot tawa or skillet.
- Drizzle gingili oil or other oil around edge. Turn over when lightly browned and cook on other side.
- Serve hot with molagai chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Raji