• 200 g – urad dal(dehusked)
• 6 Red Chillies
• 6 Garlic Cloves
• 1/4 tsp – Jeera
• 1/2 tsp – thick Tamarind paste
• 1 onion, medium chopped fine
• For tempering:
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• Hing a pinch
• 10 curry Patta leaves
- Dry fry urad dal till it gives a nice aroma, remove from fire and cool.
- Fry 1 tsp oil fry red chilli, jeera and garlic for 1 min.
- Make a course powder in mixie, add fried urad dal to the above powder.
- Pour some water, salt and tamarind paste, run mixie for 2 mins to get a course paste.
- Lastly, add onions and run mixie for 10 secs and remove the chutney into a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil, put mustard seeds, hing and curry patta leaves.
- Wait till the seeds splutter, add coriander leaves and pour this over chutney. Mix well.
- Serve with plain rice along with a spoonful of ghee.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra