• 2 cups – urad dhal
• 2 – Green chilli
• 1 inch piece – Ginger (chopped)
• 1 tsp – pepper
• 1/4 cup – Coconut (chopped pieces)
• 1/4 cup – coriander (optional)
• Curry leaf
• Oil to fry
- Soak urad dhal for 45 minutes.
- Drain water and grind the dhal along with green chillies in the mixer without water.
- Just sprinkle a little water to make the paste smooth and fluffy. (If you add more water your bondas will soak up a lot of oil.)
- Combine the other ingredients (except oil) and add to the ground batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry bondas till crispy.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Recipe courtesy: Nithu’s Kitchen