• Rice flour – 3 cups
• Coconut Milk – 1 can
• Dry yeast – 1 tsp
• Sugar – 1 tbsp
• Water – 3 cups
- Warm 2 tbsp of water. Mix in 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp yeast and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and coconut milk.
- Make it into a smooth paste with no lumps.
- Add water gradually and mix till a thin batter is formed.
- Add the dissolved yeast into the batter, mix and let it ferment for 6-8 hours.
- When the batter has risen significantly, it’s ready to be used.
- Heat a tawa (on a medium flame), pour 1 ladle full of batter into the tawa and rotate the tawa once so that the batter spreads around a little.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Serve it hot with a spicy side dish.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi