Medu vada is a traditional south Indian dish which can be served as a main course, side dish or snack. Medu vada is made from spiced urad dal batter and fried in donut shape dumplings. Medu vada is a healthy breakfast recipe or can be you anytime meal. It can be served with the sambar and coconut chutney. Here is the easy to follow recipe steps to make this dish.
– 1 cup soaked split husked black gram (dhuli urad)
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
– 1/4 teaspoon powdered black pepper
– 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
– 1 teaspoon finely chopped Ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped Green chilies
– Oil for frying
How To Make?
1. Drain the daal and grind in to a smooth paste.
2. Now, add salt, asafetida and black pepper to the urad dal paste and beat them well to make it light and fluffy.
3. Now add coriander leaves, ginger and the green chillies to it and mix it.
4. In a frying pan, Heat the oil.
5. Shape the urad daal mixture into flat rounds and make a hole in the center of the round and fry the vada first over HIGH heat then over LOWER heat or till turns brown in color and cooked through.
6. Once it’s ready remove it from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve these hot medu vada with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes