• 1 cup long grain Rice
• 1 onion, chopped coarsely
• 2 cups vegetable stock
• 1 cup Orange juice
• 2 tsp Orange rind, grated
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 tbsp Butter
- Wash and soak rice in very cold water. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Drain rice after that and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep, heavy pan. Add butter, onions.
- When onions are soft and brown, add rice.
- Reduce heat and stir gently with a spatula.
- Allow the rice to turn a light brown.
- Add orange rind, juice and stock. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and keep covered.
- Simmer for 10 mins or till almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Separate grains with a fork.
- Keep covered for 5 mins and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering