• 3 – Egg plants
• 2 – medium-sized Onions
• 2 – medium-sized Tomatoes
• 1 cup – boiled Green peas
• 1 – big, green Capsicum
• 2 tbsp – Tamarind juice
• 3 tbsp – Vangibath powder (available in all Indian grocery stores. MTR brand preferred)
• 1/2 cup – grated dry Coconut (Kobbari)
• Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add onions.
- Saute the onions till light brown, add tomatoes and vegetables.
- Cook vegetables in the oil and add salt to it.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add tamarind juice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vangibath powder and stir.
- Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the grated dry coconut and stir.
- Mix this with rice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi