• 1/2 cup – ( 5 tbsp ) – grated Coconut
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 3/4 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 6 Cloves garlic, chopped and crushed
• Mix all the ingredients together and keep aside.
• Other ingredients
• 1 tbsp- oil
• 1/2 tsp -mustard seeds
• 1/4 tsp- Jeera (cumin seeds)
• 1/4 tsp- Urad Dal
• 1 -onion, finely sliced
• 3 – 4 -medium size vazhuthananga (brinjal / baingan), cut into cubes
• 3/4 tsp -salt (or to taste)
• 2 tbsp -water
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter add urad dal, jeera and saute on a low heat for 2 minute or until they turn brown.
- Add sliced onion and fry till golden colour.
- Add vazhuthananga pieces and sprinkle 2 tbsp water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 8 minutes until tender.
- Now add grated coconut mix and salt to taste.
- Mix well, cover and cook again for 7- 8 minutes until done and water dries up.
- Serve as a side dish with rice / fish curry meals.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya