• 1 cup Dalia
• 1/2 cup red dal
• 1/2 cup Bengal Gram
• 2 Carrots (grated)
• 100 gram grated Pumpkin
• 100 gram Bottle Gourd (grated)
• 2 Big Onions
• 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 Dhania powder
• 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
• A pinch of Turmeric
• Garam Masala
- Boil the dalia for up to 4 whistles in the cooker. Keep aside.
- In the cooker, add 2 tbsp oil and add 1 onion (chopped). Once brown in colour, add ginger garlic paste and allow it to fry so that smell disappears.
- Now add all the ingredients mentioned except 1 onion and the lemon.
- Add 4 cups of water and close the cooker.
- Allow it to cook till 4 whistles.
- Take the reserved onion (chopped lengthwise) and fry.
- Once brown in colour, keep aside on a plate.
- Once the steam is released from the cooker, add the dalia to the cooker and mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish it with fried onions and lemon.
Recipe courtesy of K Sujatha Rao