• 2 cups – sauteed Mushrooms (or any cooked veg of your choice)
• 4 – large tortillas 4 (or 8 for extra crunch) – Corn tostada shells
• 8 tsp – Mexican chilli (sauce)
• 8 tsp – sour Cream
• Some hot sauce
• 4 – cheese singles (or 8 if you like them cheesy!)
• 1 cup – chopped Tomatoes
• 1 cup – chopped fresh Lettuce
• 4 tbsp – butter/ Olive oil
- Take a tortilla and smear 2 tsp chilli over the centre (a 4-5″ round), followed by a cheese single and a tostada shell (2 for extra crunchiness).
- Spoon on 1/4 of the following – sour cream, cooked vegetable/ mushrooms, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Spread them to cover the tostada.
- Sprinkle sauces of your choice (hot sauce, ketchup, etc) and fold the tortilla over the fillings, starting from one point and working around the circumference.
- Hold it firmly together and turn over onto a heated pan.
- Sprinkle some butter/ olive oil and brown and harden it as desired on both sides.
Recipe courtesy of Lil’ Chef