Fried snack made of vegetables and covered in spicy gram flour batter
1 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
1 tablespoon corn meal flour
1 big potato, sliced
1/2 cup small cauliflower florets
1 small onion, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped cabbage
1-2 chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1/4 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala powder for garnishing
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix gram flour, corn meal flour, red chilli powder, ajwain, garam masala and salt. Add water to the mixture and beat to make smooth batter (Use your hands for better results). Keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Now add potatoes, green chilies, cabbage, cauliflower, onion, coriander and mix well.
3. Deep fry small portions of mixture in oil until golden brown and crispy.
4. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve hot.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes