Aromatic and delicious Chinese fried rice with vegetables in a spicy red sauce
2 cups basmati rice or long grained rice
1 sliced onion
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1 cup sliced capsicum and red bell pepper
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup french beans, cut at an angle
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
1/4 cup chopped celery
4 dried red chilies (to taste)
2 peeled whole garlic cloves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 finely chopped green chilies
1 inch grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil dried red chilies and whole garlic cloves in 1 cup water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Cook rice in an open pan with 4 cups water until done and cool it.
4. Heat oil in a large pan, add minced garlic, ginger, green chilies and saute for a minute.
5. Add in onion and fry until golden brown.
6. To this add chilli-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
7. Add capsicum, red bell pepper, corn kernels, beans, ajinomotto, required amount of salt and fry for 2-3 minutes. The vegetables should be crisp.
8. Now add cabbage, spring onion, celery, mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.
9. Add rice, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, black pepper powder, salt if required and toss well so that rice and veggies are properly mixed.
10. Serve hot.