Vegetable Jalfrezi is full of nutritious curry cooked with mixed vegetables like carrots, peas, capsicum, tomatoes, etc. in mildly spiced gravy. Roasted tomatoes give a rich taste to the recipe. Vegetable Jalfrezi is a party recipe. Letand#8217;s learn how making a vegetable Jalfrezi recipe with some easy to follow steps.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 30 Minute
Servings: 4 Person
– 1 large chopped onion
– 3 carrots – cut into long inch pieces, thin fingers
– 1 capsicum- cut into small pieces
– 3-4 flakes garlic
– A small piece of garlic, chopped
– 4 tomatoes, roasted, peeled and chopped
– Salt to taste
– 1 cup boiled peas
– 1 tablespoon tomato puree
– 1 tablespoon vinegar
– ? tablespoon black pepper powder
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon oregano
– 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in ? cup water
How To Cook?
1. Pierce a tomato on a fork, deeply and hold it over a naked flame for 3 minutes to blacken and loose the skin. Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes.
2. Take a kadhai and put the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and carrots.
3. Add ? cup water and salt to it.
4. Then, cook for 7 to 8 minutes on low heat till the carrots get just done. Don’t overcook it.
5. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Now, Add tomato puree, vinegar, black pepper powder, oregano and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix it well together.
7. Then add the boiled peas and capsicum and again mix it well.
8. Now, At last add the cornflour paste and cook till the sauce turns thick.
9. Serve hot with butter roti or butter naan.