Creamy rice preparation made with pumpkin and nutmeg
2 cups arborio rice (risotto rice)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped beans
1/4 cup peas
1/2 cup diced pumpkin
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
8 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
1. Boil carrot, beans and peas in 4 cups of water until done. Reserve the vegetable stock after draining the vegetables.
2. Heat 4 tablespoon butter in a deep pan.
3. Add onions and fry until transparent.
4. Add rice and stir until it is mixed well.
5. Add white wine if using and keep stirring over medium heat, until wine is absorbed.
6. Add half the vegetable stock and keep stirring until it is absorbed.
7. Add the rest of the stock, water if needed and continue stirring for about 15 minutes.
8. Add the boiled vegetables, diced pumpkin in rice and continue cooking until rice is cooked.
9. Once cooked, add the remaining butter, parsley and parmesan cheese.
10. Turn off the gas and serve hot.
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes