• 1/2 lb – pinto beans
• 1 pocket – tostada shells (flat round)
• 3-4 – salad Tomatoes (large, finely chopped)
• 2-3 – green bell pepper (finely chopped)
• 1 – Onion (large, finely chopped)
• 1 bowl – thick & chunky salsa
• 1 – Lettuce
• 1 pocket – yellow cheddar cheese (shredded)
• Garlic powder
• Cumin seeds (jeera)
• salt to taste
- Wash and soak the pinto beans for 3-4 hours and cook them in a pressure cooker.
- In the same pressure cooker, mash the boiled beans to prepare a paste.
- Heat the bean paste on low flame, add salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 2 tsp of jeera.
- When the jeera splutters, add tadka to the bean paste.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 mins on low flame.
- Wash lettuce and chop finely.
- Roast the tostada shells brown in the oven for 1-2 mins each side.
- For making Tostada-Taco:
- Put onions, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese and bell pepper in bowls.
- Take one tostada shell and spread a large spoon of hot bean paste over it.
- One by one, sprinkle salsa, green bell pepper, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Niyati