• 1 cup – Tomato paste
• 1 cup – besan/ gram flour
• 1/2 cup – grated cheese
• 1 to 2 – green chillies, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup – cooked mixed vegs (peas, capsicum, Carrots – finely chopped/mined) – optional
• 1 – finely chopped small Onion
• 1 tbsp – chopped coriander
• 2 tbsp – Milk
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• Some oil
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together except the ghee and cheese.
- Add some water to make a smooth paste. Heat a thick bottom, non-stick pan and heat ghee on it.
- Pour a ladleful of batter onto the pan and spread evenly with the back of the ladle to form a round omelette or pancake.
- Pour 1-2 tsp of oil all around the edge of the omelette and allow to cook till its golden brown in colour.
- Turn over and cook the other side too.
- Sprinkle some cheese, fold or roll the omelette.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot immediately with a sauce, pickle or chutney of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Mearl Fernandes