• 1 cup – raw Rice
• 1/2 cup – Urad Dal
• 3/4 to 1 cup – Jaggery
• 2 tbsp – sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp – grated Coconut
• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 3/4 to 1 cup – water
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour. Drain and spread it on a cloth to dry for 15-20 minutes. Rice should be moist but not wet after drying.
- Grind it to a powder in a mixer grinder.
- Sieve the flour & discard the coarse particles. Then dry roast the flour in a pan.
- Dry roast urad dal in a dry pan till golden brown colour.
- Grind it to a fine powder in a mixer grinder. Sieve it and discard the coarse particles.
- Soak jaggery in 1 cup of water.
- When it dissolves fully, strain it. Then heat the jaggery water in a heavy bottomed pan. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Add rice flour and urad dal powder together to the syrup. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, sesame seeds, grated coconut and 1 tsp ghee.
- Mix well to make a dough, allow it to cool completely or leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree Celsius/30 degree Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Knead the dough once again, roll it gently into marble sized balls.
- Place it in a baking tray and bake it for 25-40 minutes at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cool it completely before storing it in airtight container.
- Recipe courtesy: Sara’s Yummy Bites
Recipe courtesy of Saraswati