• 1 cup – raw Rice
• 2 tbsp – urad dhal
• 2 cups – oil
• Salt to taste
- Soak rice and dal together for 3 hours.
- Grind them finely in the grinder/mixie with less water. Batter should be like dosa batter.
- With a small spoon, pour the dough into the pan.
- When the paniyaram starts coming up, sprinkle hot oil on it from the kadai. It will puff up like a puri.
- Now turn to the next side.
- Leave it for few seconds and take it from oil and place it in kitchen tissue.
- Tomato chutney is the best side dish for vellai paniyaaram.
Recipe courtesy of Manju Ravichandran