Light soup prepared from vermicelli glass noodles
1 cup vermicelli noodles
2 cups vegetable stock
1 spring onion, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Soak vermicelli glass noodles in warm water for 10 minutes. Separate with chopsticks as they soften.
2. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic paste, green chilies, spring onion, bell pepper and saute until transparent.
4. Now add vegetable stock, sugar, white pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice and salt.
5. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
6. Add noodles and cook until noodles are tender.
7. Add coriander leaves and serve hot.
8. For non-vegetarians, 1 tbsp fish sauce can also be added.