• All purpose flour – 2 cup
• Butter – 1 stick
• Sugar – 3/4 cup
• Dates – 1 cup
• Walnuts – 3/4 cup
• Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Wash the dates, remove the seeds, chop it, and soak it in water for sometime
- Mix the butter and sugar well. Sieve flour and baking soda together.
- Add this to the butter and sugar mix, and beat well.
- To this add the soaked dates along with water.
- Beat the mix again.
- Then add the chopped walnuts.
- Bake it at 350 F for about 1/2 hr.
- Remove cake from pan after it cools
Recipe courtesy of Deepa Santhanam