• 2 tbsp – oil
• 5 to 6 – dry Red Chillies
• 1 tbsp – rai (mustard seeds)
• 1 tbsp – Fenugreek seeds
• Asafoetida (hing)
• 2 tbsp – Bengal Gram
• 1 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 2 tbsp – sambar powder
• Curry leaves
• 2 cups – extracted Tamarind water
• a bit of Jaggery
• Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan put hing, dry red chillies and then slowly add rai (mustard seeds) and fenugreek seed. Let it splutter.
- Add Bengal gram dal, urad dal curry leaves fry it till golden brown in medium flame.
- Add sambar powder and without frying quickly add tamarind water, a bit of jaggery and salt to it.
- Let it boil till it becomes little thick.
- To make it more tasty sprinkle little fenugreek and turmeric powder to it.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi