Diwali is the festival of lights, which is one of the loveliest, biggest and brightest festival of India. It is celebrated by Hindus all around the world. During this festival snacks are prepared and most of the people are busy preparing Diwali goodies to share with friends and family. So if you are listing for your Diwali snack here is the most popular snack for your Diwali celebration which is ?Chakali’. It is the traditional snack for Diwali occasion. So without wasting time let’s see the recipe.
– 1 cup wheat flour
– 1 tablespoon yogurt
– 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– Water as require
– Oil for deep frying
– Thick cotton piece of cloth (approx. 1 ft.)
– Grater with small holes
How To Cook?
1. Take the cotton cloth and place wheat flour in the center and tie tightly.
2. In a pressure cooker, add 2-3 glass of water at the bottom. Put a small metal steamer with small stand inside. Make sure that water level should not touch to the bottom of the steamer.
3. Now, put the wheat flour bundle on the steamer and close the pressure cooker to 2-3 whistles. Then turn of the flame and let it cool.
4. Once it cool open the wheat flour bundle. Wheat flour will be hard because of pressure of cooking.
5. Now, take the grater and grate the harden wheat flour. Using mesh sieve, sieve the grated flour and if you fine any crystals, crush with the fingers and make fine powder.
6. Place this flour in a bowl, add yogurt, sesame seeds, carom seeds, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt to it. Mix them well.
7. Add water and knead to semi stiff dough.
8. With little oil, grease the chakali maker from inside and fill the dough mixture tightly into the chakali maker.
9. Now, press the maker and make chakali by giving it spiral shape.
10. Heat oil in a pan. Once heated fry prepared chakalis from both the sides until light golden.
11. Your delicious?snack is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes