Perfect winter Italian recipe of white beans and pasta
3 cups cooked cannellini beans (white beans)
2 cups small dried pasta of your choice
1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 large tomatoes
4-5 cups vegetable stock (for non-vegetarian version use chicken broth)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano herb
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot, stir fry onion, celery, carrot, garlic until tender and fragrant.
2. Add 4 cups of vegetable stock, cooked beans and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and half of the parsley.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half, gently remove seeds and cut into small dices.
5. Add the tomatoes and pasta of choice to the pot.
6. Cook until the pasta is tender, adding a little additional stock if mixture is too dry.
7. Stir in half of parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and mix well.
8. Garnish with rest of the parmesan cheese and serve hot.