• Small White Cabbage -1 (approx 600 grams)
• Turmeric â€“ Â¼ tsp
• Green chillies â€“ 2 nos
• Salt â€“ to taste
• Curry leaves â€“ 1 sprig (optional)
• Oil / Butter â€“ 1 â€“ 11/2 tbsp
- Remove the outer leaves and cut the Cabbage into pieces, then wash well under running water.
- Cut Cabbage into wedges. Remove and discard the tough inner core.
- Shred Cabbage using a knife, although shredding it in the food processor is easier, as it becomes watery.
- Heat Oil / Butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook uncovered on medium flame for 5 â€“ 8 mins and is ready.
- By covering the water does not escape making it soggy. Add Salt as mentioned at the start, this helps the Cabbage release water.
- Serve hot with Ghee drizzled on Brown Rice, Dal Curry, a generous dollop of home made Yoghurt, microwave oven toasted Pappadam (Poppadam) and Lime Pickle.