• 2 tbsp – Wheat or Maize or Bajra (germ cleaned)
• 2 cups – Water
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup – Milk (hot and sweetened)
- Soak the germ in the water for 5 minutes.
- Gently strain the husky part with a strainer, saving the water.
- Transfer the water back to the wheat germ.
- Add salt and stir.
- Bring to boil while stirring continuously.
- Partially cover and cook on a low flame till the germ is fully cooked.
- Stir frequently, adding more water if required.
- Cook till the germ breaks easily when pressed between thumb and finger.
- Serve hot with sweetened milk or if desired with salted curd or buttermilk.
- Best when fevers, sore throats, make swallowing difficult.