• 1 cup – masoor dal
• 1 cup – shelled peas
• 1 – radish
• 1/2 tsp – Haldi powder
• 3 tsp – oil
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• Salt as per taste
- Scrape the radish and cut into 1 inch thin and long pieces.
- Heat oil and fry dal for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower flame and mix in vegetables. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix in spices.
- Cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- Add salt. Lower flame, cover with a lid.
- Cook on a low flame till dal is done and preparation is slightly thick.
- Serve with parathas or rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Shilpa Nagaraj