• Glassware: A short jar
• 90 ml – Gin
• 60 ml – White wine
• 10 gm – Fresh Turmeric Paste
• 15 ml – Fennel syrup
• 30 ml – Freshly made lemonade
• Gondoraj to balance taste
• Marigold flower to garnish
- To prepare the Turmeric paste, pound fresh turmeric and make a paste.
- Add the paste, sugar and jaggery to a shallow pan on low heat and keep mixing till the sugar melts and the mixture turns to paste.
- For the fennel syrup, soak the fennel seeds overnight.
- Make a paste of the soaked fennel.
- Separately, make a sugar syrup. Once cooled, mix both sugar syrup and fennel and squeeze the juice of the lime into mixture.
- To make the cocktail, incorporate the turmeric paste, gin, white wine and fennel syrup to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and pour into the broad short jar filled with ice.
- Top with lemonade for crispness.
- Garnish with the petals of the marigold flower over the top to resemble the feathers of a yellow canary.
- Place in birdcage.
- Add a yellow straw and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Sabysachi Gorai