• 8-10 – Paneer cut lengthwise into 3 inch fingers
• 1 cup – Refined flour
• 3/4 cup – Cornmeal
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Salt
• 1 tsp – Baking powder
• 1 tsp – Chilly powder
• 1 tsp – Garlic powder
• 1 tsp – Cumin powder
• 3/4 cup – Milk
• Oil to deep fry
• Bowl of ketchup and mustard to accomapny
- Pat the paneer fingers dry with a paper towel.
- Skewer â€“ I took coffee stir sticks, cut them in half and poked them in. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, spices, salt, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the breadcrumbs with the milk.
- Add the crumb-milk mix to the flour mix and blend well until lump free.
- Preheat hot in a heavy bottomed frying pan.
- Individually dip the fritters in the batter and immediately place in the hot oil.
- Fry in batches until lightly golden, about 3-5 minutes, gently flipping if necessary.
- Sprinkle chat masala.
- Enjoy hot with hot mustard and ketchup or both
- Recipe by Chef Jerson Fernandes, Corporate Chef, Berggruen Hotels Pvt Ltd
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jerson Fernandes