• 2 – Zucchini (medium size)
• 1 tbsp – Channa dal
• 1 tbsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Ginger, grated
• 1 tsp – Garlic, chopped
• 1 – Tamarind (marble size)
• 2 – Red Chillies
• 1 – Green chilli
• 2 tsp – Desiccated Coconut
• Salt to taste
• For Tempering:
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Urad Dal
• 3 – Curry leaves
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, fry the channa dal and urad dal until they turn brownish. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry ginger, garlic, and tamarind until they turn brown.
- Fry the red chillies and green chillies one by one in the same pan.
- Cut the zucchini into small pieces and fry them. (zucchini cooks very easily) Keep aside to cool.
- In a food processor, put all the fried ingredients, add salt and grind. (There is no need to add water as zucchini will release sufficient water. Grind to a smooth paste or coarsely according to your preference.)
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and urad dal. Add the curry leaves.
- Pour the ground mixture into this, stir and cook for a while.
- The zucchini chutney is ready to serve.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya