• 1 cup – coarse Wheat flour
• 1.5 cups – blanched Almonds (refer note)
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 3 cups – water
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1/4 tsp – Saffron strands crushed
• 1 tbsp – warm Milk
• 1.25 cup – Ghee
• 8-10 blanched Almonds chopped into slivers or halved
- Rub and dissolve saffron in milk and keep aside.
- Dry and powder blanched almonds, saving 10 for garnishing.
- Melt ghee in a large heavy pan.
- Add flour and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add almond powder, stir fry till golden and aroma exudes.
- Take care to stir continuously.
- Add water, stir and cook.
- Add sugar and cook further, stirring gently.
- When ghee starts to exude, add cardamom and saffron.
- Stir and take into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped almonds.
- One may put it in hot case to keep hot and reheat in microwave or in a pan as needed.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi