• Oil or Ghee – 2 tbsp
• Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
• Green chillies – 2, sliced
• Bottle Gourd – 2 cups, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Lime juice – 1 tbsp
• Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin. When the cumin splutters, add green chillies. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add gourd pieces, turmeric powder and salt. Cover and simmer till the vegetable is tender.
- Open the lid and cook till any excess moisture is absorbed. Keep stirring as the mixture cooks.
- Remove from fire and stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.