• 250 g fish pieces
• 1 small bunch – spring onion, finely chopped
• 2 tsp – ginger, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – garlic, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup – plain flour
• 3 tbsp – Corn flour
• 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
• 2 red chillies, dry
• 3 tbsp oil
• 1.5 cups water
• 1 tbsp Milk
- Boil the fish for 10 minutes in plenty of water to which a tbsp of milk has been added. Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp corn flour, adding 1/4 tsp each of ginger, garlic, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the pieces in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add 1.5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add florets and soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Malini Bisen