Spicy Paneer preparation with Achar Masala
1/4 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
1/4 teaspoon sarson (mustard seeds)
1/4 teaspoon methi (fenugreek seeds)
1/4 teaspoon kalaunji (black cumin seeds)
1/4 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 whole dry red chilli
5 whole black pepper
1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups curd
1 tablespoon maida (plain flour)
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese), cubed
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon rock salt
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Beat curd, rock salt and maida together to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, black cumin seeds, kalaunji, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, dry whole red chilli, cloves, black pepper and allow it to crackle.
3. Add onion, kasoori methi and fry until golden brown.
4. Add red chilli and turmeric powder.
5. Add paneer pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and then add curd paste, salt.
7. Now turn the heat on and, while stirring continuously, fry for another 4-5 minutes, over medium heat.
8. When the gravy is thick and cooked, remove from heat and serve hot.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes