250 gm: Almonds (soaked overnight)
200 gm: Sugar, powdered
1-2 tablespoons Milk
Silver leaves(warak) for decoration
1. Drain, wash and blend almonds into a fine paste, use as little milk as possible.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add sugar in the paste and cook over a medium heat.
3. Stir continuously until a soft lump is formed, which leaves sides of skillet easily now take off from heat.
4. Spread on a clean greased work surface.
5. Roll quikly with a rolling pin, to a desired thickness.
6. Apply the silver warak on top for decoration.
7. Cool and cut into diamond shaped barfis.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes