Chana Dal Namkeen, a great classic Indian snack recipe. It is known as dal moth in north India and popular as tikhi chana dal in Gujarat. It is little time consuming but so easy to make with very few Ingredients. With this spicy, crunchy, crispy and tasty chana dal namkeen you can also prepare chaat by adding chopped onion, tomatoes, raw mango, green chili and some lime juice. Even if your tummy is full you cannot say No’ to this snack. Follow the recipe to make the tasty chana dal namkeen at home.
– 1 cup chana dal (Bengal Gram)
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
– Oil for deep frying
How To Cook?
1. Take chana dal in a vessel and wash. Soak chana dal for 3-4 hours.
2. After 3-4 hours rinse chana dal for 2-3 times and spread evenly on a clean cotton cloth and leave it for 15-20 minutes until all the water absorbed and dal become dry.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok until smoking point.
4. Now, deep fry chana dal in small batches until golden brown and crisp.
5. Drain them on kitchen paper so that the paper absorb extra oil from the dal.
6. Repeat same procedure for rest of chana dal.
7. Place this fried chana dal in a bowl and add all dry spices to the dal and toss them well so that dal coat well with the spices.
8. Allow the dal cool completely and store in airtight jar.
Preparation Time: 3-4 hours
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Servings: 1-2 Persons