Phulka Roti or Rotli is made from whole wheat flour. Gujarati phulka roti is as thin as paper which is very easy to digest. It is eaten daily in Gujarati meal. You can make Phulka roti with using milk or water, whichever you wish to use. Milk helps the dough to become softer while making a roti. You can easily make Gujarati style Phulka roti daily with this easy to follow recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: Makes 10-12 Rotis
– 200 gm wheat flour
– 2 tablespoon puree ghee
– Salt to taste
– Milk or water to knead the dough
How To Make?
1. Sieve the flour and add salt and ghee to it and mix it well.
2. Now, knead the flour into soft dough and add warm milk to it. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into small equal sized balls.
4. Roll out the balls into very thin and round chapatis and cook them on a hot tava, pressing the sides with a clean cloth till the roti puffs up.
5. Now, remove the roti from the tava and apply puree ghee on the roti and place it in a container lined with clean napkin, one on top of another.