Delicious and easy to prepare mushrooms in tomato puree and spices
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 small capsicum, chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup curd
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 dry whole red chilies
1 inch ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1 green chilli, chopped
2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean mushrooms and blanch warm water. Drain and soak mushrooms in 1 teaspoon lemon juice water.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilies, kasoori methi and allow it to crackle.
3. Now fry capsicum and mushrooms until light brown and tender.
4. Add ginger, green chilies and fry for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for a minute.
7. Remove from heat and then add curd and mix well.
8. Add salt, lemon juice and little water to maintain a thick consistency.
9. Now cook for 2-3 minutes, over low heat until it boils.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes