Salty steamed cake made from gram flour
2 cups besan (gram flour)
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon citric acid
2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon eno
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2-3 green chilies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tablespoon grated coconut for garnishing
1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped for garnishing
1 tablespoon oil
1. Dissolve salt, sugar, citric acid in 1/2 cup of water.
2. Mix besan, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the above dissolved mixture.
3. Whisk well until the batter is smooth.
4. Mix eno and whisk until batter is light and fluffy.
5. Pour the batter in a greased plate and steam for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Allow it to cool and then cut into pieces.
7. For tadka, heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and allow it to crackle.
8. Pour tadka over dhokla pieces.
9. Garnish with coconut and coriander all over dhokla pieces.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes