Lasaniya Batata is famous street food of Kathiyawad (saurashtra), which is region of Gujarat. In Lasaniya Batata, “Lasaniya” is Gujarati word which is used for garlic. This dish is a combination of baby potatoes and garlic with adding some spices. Generally Gujarati people prefers to have this dish as snack with fryums, but it can also prefer as a meal with paratha or rice. To learn how to make this mouth-melting recipe here are the steps.
– 12-14 boiled baby potatoes
– 3 tablespoons garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1 big chopped tomato
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 2 teaspoons coriander powder
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
– Salt to taste
– 5 tablespoon oil
– 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
How To Make?
1. First, peel the boiled baby potatoes.
2. Now, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they start spluttering add garlic paste, ginger paste and chopped tomato and let it cook for five minutes on low flame.
3. Then add kashmiri red chilli powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and little bit of water. Mix it well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now, add peeled baby potatoes in it and mix it again then cook it again for 2 minutes.
5. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it with fryums.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes