Methi puri is crispy, yummy Indian snacks recipe, which is made from plain flour and fenugreek leaves. In winter, you can easily find the fresh fenugreek leaves and you can use it to make the methi puris. Here I am sharing a recipe to make a crispy methi puri which taste best with the tea. It’s very easy and instant to make at home. You can make the methi puri in large quantity and can store it for longer time too.
– 1 cup wheat flour
– 1/2 red chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– Water as required
– 3 tablespoon semolina (suji)
– 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
– 1/2 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped
– Oil for deep frying
How To Make?
1. In a bowl, add wheat flour, semolina, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds and fresh fenugreek leaves, salt and 2 tablespoon oil and mix them properly.
2. Now, add required water and knead the tough dough from the mixture. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into equal small balls.
4. Then, roll out each balls in to 3-4 inch size of chapattis, ensure that it’s slightly thicker than the normal one. Make 5-6 pricks on its surface.
5. Now, heat the oil on MEDIUM flame. Fry the puris into oil until it turns light brown in color.
6. Remove the puris from the oil and place it on the absorbent oil to drain the excess oil.
7. You crispy, tasty methi puri is ready to serve.
8. You can also store it in to container for 10-15 days. Enjoy this crispy puri with hot cup of tea.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons